If the REVIT job under development is linked to a BIMserver.center project via the Open BIM - Revit plugin, using the "Save As" option creates another local folder with the required files in the same location as the original job and with the reference of the new file name.
Plugin Open BIM – Revit
When cancelling the collaboration with a project, by selecting the "Select the links to keep or delete" checkbox, the Open BIM - Revit plugin displays the list of imported links and allows users to select two options that can be combined:
- Delete IFC file of the project.
- Delete the extracted content (DirectShapes).
The feature for locking both IFC links and generated DirectShapes has been added, allowing the following:
- Locking IFC links
With the IFC links locked, when the project information is updated and the contribution changes, the IFC link will not be updated.
- Locking extracted content
With the extracted content locked, the operation cannot be reversed.
As of version 2024.d, in the Open BIM - Revit plugin work window, each of the links and their status will be displayed in the following points:
- Link status
Shows whether the link is loaded or unloaded.
- Original IFC status
Displays the status of the IFC located in the bim_projects folder.
- Local IFC status
Displays the status of the IFC located in the local directory folder where the project is stored.
- Content status
Displays the status of the extracted contents (DirectShapes) of each of the links.
In the import options, the Open BIM - Revit plugin allows users to select the point where the origin of the IFCs for the selected contributions in the import is entered.
On the other hand, once these are loaded, from the plugin tab, these links can be moved to the reference points in two ways:
- Moving them all at the same time.
- Moving each one individually.
All CYPE programs can be installed in their different versions (Professional Version, Evaluation Version, Campus Version, Temporary License). In previous versions, users could only choose the type of version to be installed from the classic CYPE menu.
As of version 2024.a, the selection of version types has been implemented in all CYPE programs on the BIMserver.center platform.
As of version 2024.d, this selection can be made during the installation of all CYPE programs, regardless of where they are downloaded.
Version 2024.b includes the following improvements and corrections to the connection of applications to the BIMserver.center platform:
- After sharing a contribution, there is a delay before it becomes available in the BIMserver.center project. This could result in another application not having immediate access, even if the export was made from the same computer. Now applications can read contributions from the "File directory stored in local cache" before they are accessible in BIMserver.center.
- It is now possible to export a contribution without an internet connection. When this occurs, a confirmation dialogue box will appear to inform users that if the contribution is exported, it cannot be shared in the BIMserver.center project. The contribution can be read in another application as long as it is on the same computer and linked to the same project. However, for the contribution to be available on the platform, users will need to "Share" it again with an internet connection.
- The uploading process has been improved to allow larger files to be included.
- An error that did not allow users to connect to the platform when the "AppData" system folder was not accessible has been fixed.
- An error that showed the user as logged in when the session had already expired has been fixed.
- The warning messages displayed when there is a problem in the communication with BIMserver.center have been improved.
- Now, when creating a new project, the same default fields are used as in the BIMserver.center website.
From the BIMserver.center project information window (displayed by clicking on the project name shown in the project information bar - upper right part of the application window) you can access the project page of the BIMserver.center platform via a link that has been inserted in the text indicating the project name.
Likewise, from the information window about the project contributions ("Contributions" option in the project information window), users can access the page of each contribution in the BIMserver.center platform. These links are inserted in the texts indicating the name of each contribution.
The status information bar of the BIMserver.center project is located at the top right of the window of the programs included in the Open BIM workflow. This bar has been available in the applications since version 2022.e and shows a warning icon when there is a problem with the connection to the project, as well as other things. Now, in version 2024.b, users can obtain more information about the warning by hovering the mouse cursor over the icon.