Managing the visibility of project elements
The visibility of the different elements needed to model the project can be carried out via four panels on the right-hand side of the program's main interface:
- Elements read
- Own elements
Like the other CYPE 3D modelling programs, StruBIM Steel allows different views to be created to make the navigation and modelling process of the structure easier. The following types of views can be created:
- Reflected ceiling
- 3D view
Managing elements read
The various models that make up an Open BIM project developed on the BIMserver.center platform can also be imported into StruBIM Steel so that they can be viewed and used as a reference for modelling the structure itself.
Visibility management options allow the following:
- Activating or deactivating elements;
- Changing the visualisation mode of the elements by selecting between "Normal View", "Transparent View" or "Wired View";
- Locking elements so that they cannot be snapped or selected.
Managing the visibility of these models can be carried out in two ways:
- With the "Models" filter, which is applied to the different imported models: architectural model, terrain model, concrete structure, etc.
- With the "Categories" filter, which is applied to the different categories found in the imported models, following the classification of the IFC scheme.
Tags can be created to group the different parts of the model. For each tag created the following can be carried out:
- Defining a reference;
- Defining a colour for 3D representation;
- Activating or deactivating the transparent view;
- Activating or deactivating the visibility;
- Activating or deactivating snapping.
Managing own elements
The visibility and snapping of elements modelled in StruBIM Steel can be controlled from the "Own Elements" menu in the left-hand sidebar of the application.