Two options ("Slope angle of the compression struts" and "Tolerances in spacing checks") and several improvements have been implemented in order to optimise the check and design of beams and columns. These options and improvements are available for the following codes:
- Eurocode 2 (EU)
- Eurocode 2 (Spain)
- Eurocode 2 (Portugal)
- Eurocode 2 (France)
- Eurocode 2 (Romania)
- Eurocode 2 (Malaysia)
- Eurocode 2 (Singapore)
- Código Estructural (Spain)
These new options can be accessed via the “General data” panel:
- General data > Bars > By position > Options for columns, shear walls, walls and corbels > Design / Code checks.
- General data > Bars > By position > Beam options > Design / Code checks.
The new options and improvements are detailed below:
- Slope angle of the compression struts
Allows the angle between the compressed concrete struts and the longitudinal axis to be defined, which is to be considered in the shear resistance analysis. The program allows users to assign one general slope angle for the struts in all the columns of the structure, and another one for all the beams of the structure.
- Values can also be assigned individually to columns and beams using the following options:
- For columns
Column definition tab > Columns, shear walls and starts menu > Slope angle of the compression struts.
- For beams
Beam definition tab > Beams menu > Other options > Assign the slope angle of the compression struts.
- Tolerances in spacing checks
The “Tolerances in spacing checks” option has been added for beams and columns. This option allows the value of the tolerance that is permitted when carrying out the minimum and maximum spacing checks between reinforcement bars to be defined. If the difference in absolute value between the value required by the code and the calculated value is less than the tolerance considered, the check is compliant.
- Analysis of the spacing between transverse reinforcement crossties
The analysis of the spacing between transverse reinforcement crossties has been improved.
- Analysis of the concrete area for circular composite columns with embedded sections
The analysis of the concrete area for circular composite columns with embedded sections has been improved. The radius of the circular concrete section is taken as the minimum value between "the actual section radius" and "the maximum radius permitted by the code", which defines limits for the maximum thickness of the concrete cover in fully embedded sections.