StruBIM Shear Walls version 2021.g includes the correction of an error that could occur whilst carrying out normal loading checks when the angle between two consecutive sides of a polygon defining the wall section is close to 180º.
StruBIM Shear Walls
Version 2021.g of CYPE’s programs is a closing version of the 2021 version.
As well as the new features and improvements expressly indicated in each version of CYPE software, process optimisation involving internal updates for all our programs is normally included. In each revision, all programs are systematically checked and changes are made to improve their performance, therefore, we recommend that our users (in this case those of v.2021) always update their version to the latest one, regardless of the country for which they are using CYPE software or the language in which it is installed.
Version 2021.f of StruBIM Shear Walls also includes other slight enhancements and corrections of errors that may appear on rare occasions:
- The distribution of vertical reinforcement bars in shear walls has been improved.
- The distribution of crossties in shear walls and coupling beams has been improved.
- The design process can now be cancelled.
- An error during the job update, which occasionally occurred after a shear wall had been added in CYPECAD, has now been fixed.
- Generating intervals in "Segment classification" if there are several unconnected segments in a section with the same direction has been improved.
- Checking transverse crossties in Eurocode type regulations has been improved. Previously, in some cases, not every crosstie was considered.
- The default value for "Minimum number of layers" in "Reinforcement layout criteria" has been changed to 2.
In the BIM model data import assistant of a project located on the BIMserver.centre platform, the option for selecting the type of steel and reinforcement cover has been added. The type of concrete is directly assigned to the walls and beams, so it matches the one defined in the source program.
The 2021.e version of StruBIM Shear Walls also includes program corrections that solve errors that could arise in specific circumstances:
- Checks for normal forces
An error has been solved, which occurred when the program checked the normal forces in shear walls with a slight rotation with respect to the X-Y axes.
- Import BIM models
An error has been solved, which occurred when users tried to import a BIM model that had been generated for a later version of the program.
The following Eurocode checks have been implemented in the 2021.e version of StruBIM Shear Walls:
- Concrete structures (Eurocode 2)
- EN 1992-1 (EU)
- EN 1992-1 (Bulgaria)
- NF EN 1992-1 (France)
- NP EN 1992-1 (Portugal)
- SR EN 1992-1 (Romania)
- MS EN 1992-1 (Malaysia)
- SS EN 1992-1 (Singapore)
- UNE-EN 1992-1 (Spain)
- Loads on structures. Seismic action (Eurocode 8)
- EN 1998-1 (EU)
- EN 1998-1 (Bulgaria)
- NF EN 1998-1 (France)
- NP EN 1998-1 (Portugal)
- EN 1998-1 (Romania)
- MS EN 1998-1 (Malaysia)
- SS EN 1998-1 (Singapore)
- UNE-EN 1998-1 (Spain)